How One Oncology Practice Drives a 96% Collection Rate
Leaders at Ironwood Cancer and Research Centers, with 15 locations and 100 providers, were looking for opportunities to streamline the patient experience, speed up check-in times and increase point-of-service collections. Like most oncology clinics, Ironwood has many patients who come in more than once a week, and those patients don’t want to fill out the same information every time they check in.
Pat Hansen, the Administrator of Ironwood Cancer and Research Centers, shares how they shifted their patient engagement strategy to create a seamless check-in experience, optimize staff efficiencies and increase collections. Watch the full conversation on Leveraging Technology for a Better Oncology Patient Experience.
- Saving the equivalent of 1 FTE at 4 locations (front desk)
- Savings in 1 to 2 FTE in Medical Records department
- Automated appointment reminders save hours of staff calls
- Average check-in time: 1 minute, 20 seconds
- Average Express check-in time: 55 seconds
- Patient collections: 96% collection rate