Logging in with Single Sign-On (SSO) through Okta
All Clearwave Scheduling users can configure a default Identity Provider to power Single Sign On (SSO). This article details how to configure Okta as the primary Identity Provider to facilitate SSO with the Clearwave Scheduling application.
Identity Provider (IDP)-Initiated Authentication (SSO) Flow - This authentication flow occurs when the user attempts to log in to Clearwave Scheduling from Okta. Automatic account creation in Clearwave Scheduling on initial SSO.
To proceed with configuring login with SSO through Okta, you must:
- Have access to an Okta tenant
- Be an Okta administrator to that tenant
The following documents the configurations for setting up the OIDC integration between Clearwave Scheduling and Okta. Okta is the Identity Provider (IDP) and depending on the use case, the user will be redirected to Okta for authentication if no session has been established.
To configure your provisioning settings for Clearwave Scheduling in Okta, there are two main steps to follow:
- Step One - Add the Clearwave Scheduling App to Okta
- Login to your organization’s Okta tenant.
- Navigate to Applications > Applications > Add Application, search for Clearwave Scheduling, and then click Add. Note that the two Applications references are not duplicated.
- Enter an Application Label in General Settings. This is the name under which the Clearwave Scheduling app will appear in your Okta dashboard.
- Click Done.
- Then under the Sign On tab of the Clearwave Scheduling application, copy the Client ID, Client Secret and Okta Domain (ex: dev-81086499.okta.com).
- Note: These values allow Clearwave Scheduling to communicate with Okta. The Client ID is a public identifier for the client that is required for all OAuth/OIDC flows. The Client Secret is a private identifier you should not share or distribute broadly.
- Step Two - Add Okta information to Clearwave Scheduling Portal
- With information prepared from step one (Client ID, Client Secret, Okta Domain), Please contact 678-738-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org to add these to your portal on Clearwave Scheduling
Assign People or Groups
- To give people or groups access to the Clearwave Schedulingapplication:
- Click the Assignments tab under the configured Clearwave Scheduling app, then click Assign.
- Leveraging Groups is recommended to assign access. If assigning access to People, ensure the Username is a valid email.
- Assigned users via group or directly will now be able to log into Clearwave Schedulingvia SSO through the Clearwave Schedulingapp on their Okta dashboards. Remember that accounts won't be created in Clearwave Schedulinguntil the initial SSO login.