Automating Patient Reminders Improves Oncology Practice Efficiency
Leaders at Ironwood Cancer and Research Centers, with 15 locations and 100 providers, were looking for opportunities to streamline the patient experience while keeping essential front-desk staff focused on patient care. After moving to automated reminders, Pat Hansen, Administrator at Ironwood Cancer and Research Centers, shares the impact on staff burdens, patient check-in times and practice schedules. Watch the full conversation on Leveraging Technology for a Better Oncology Patient Experience.
- Saving the equivalent of 1 FTE at 4 locations (front desk)
- Savings in 1 to 2 FTE in Medical Records department
- Automated appointment reminders save hours of staff calls
- Average check-in time: 1 minute, 20 seconds
- Average Express check-in time: 55 seconds
- Patient collections: 96% collection rate