North Ohio Heart (NOH) is a large cardiology and primary care practice that is part of the University Hospital System. With nine ofices in strategic community locations, NOH logged over 130,000 ofice visits in 2017. On average, the practice sees 500 patients per day. They have also been a recognized leader in Physician Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI), Meaningful User (MU), and quality measurement initiatives for many years. Priding themselves on being an early adopter of new technologies, they have implemented EHR technology, paperless ofice environments, high tech for charge entry, and since 2013, patient check-in kiosks.
- Prior to installing the Clearwave solution, NOH’s waiting room was congested, due to long lines stemming from a slow check-in system.
- Patients were unhappy with the sluggish intake process, as well as a lack of privacy when discussing their personal health and financial information with the practice staff.
- Staff were so busy that they often didn’t get to focus on tasks that were not related to patient intake.
- Because Clearwave offered multi-language options, GLFHC decided the platform was a good solution to streamline its processes.
- The organization deployed a total of 20 kiosks throughout the campus. Today there is no wait with the average check-in time about 2 minutes.
- There has been a significant impact on patient satisfaction, keeping the patients on-time for their appointments, and getting them back to see their provider more quickly.
- Clearwave seamlessly integrates with GE Centricity which made the implementation process very straightforward.
- Since implementation and go-live, GLHFC has been able to streamline the check-in process, improve patient throughput, increase net revenue and enhance the patient experience.
- Implemented Clearwave Solution: 03/2013
- Current Number of Kiosks: 19
- Initial Number of Kiosks: 2
- Patient Utilization: 94.2%
- Practice Management System: Allscripts
- Increase in payment collections year over year: 19%
- Average Monthly Collections: $55,000
- Clearwave Check-in Time: 1 minutes 53 seconds